Who WE Serve.
We Change Lives Because Statistics Show:
- According to the Department of Human Services, Woodbury County had 1,576 reports of child abuse in 2016.
- Five children die everyday as a result of child abuse in the United States.
- Suicide was the second leading cause of death among individuals between the ages of 10 and 34, and the fourth leading cause of death among individuals between the ages of 35-54 in 2017.
- 60% of the workforce today is functionally depressed.
- Each year, serious mental illness costs the United States almost $200 billion in lost earnings according to the National Alliance on Mental Illness.
- 70-90% of people who seek proper treatment for mental health disorders experience a significant reduction in symptoms.
In 2018 Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc.
- Served 87 children in Residential Treatment
- Provided 518 group therapy sessions
- Provided 6271 individual therapy sessions
- Provided 1039 play therapy sessions
- Educated 124 students in the Opportunities School
We are proud to serve the Siouxland Community.