Last revised March 12, 2019
Ownership of the Site
All pages within this Site and any material made available for download are owned or licensed by the Company. The Site is protected by United States and international copyright and trademark laws. The Contents of the Site, including without limitation the files, documents, text, photographs, images, audio, and video, and any materials accessed through or made available for use or download through this Site ("Content") may not be copied, distributed, modified, reproduced, published or used, in whole or in part, except for purposes authorized or approved by Company, including the provision of services or products to Company, or in connection with a business relationship with Company. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose, or deep linking to, any name, trademarks, service marks, logo, Content or other proprietary information (including; images, text, page layout, or form) of Company without our express written consent. If you have questions about the Site or any materials or would like more information or to request written consent please Contact Us.
Access to Site; Indemnification
In the event access to the Site or a portion thereof is limited requiring a user ID and password ("Protected Areas"), you agree to access Protected Areas using only your user ID and password as provided to you by Company. You agree to protect the confidentiality of your user ID and password, and not to share or disclose your user ID or password to any third party. You agree that you are fully responsible for all activity occurring under your user ID. Your access to the Site may be revoked by Company at any time with or without cause. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Company harmless from and against all third party claims, damages and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) against or incurred by Company arising out of your use or access of the Site, or access by anyone accessing the Site using your user ID and password.
Accuracy and Integrity of Information
Although Company attempts to ensure the integrity and accurateness of the Site, it makes no representations, warranties or guarantees whatsoever as to the correctness or accuracy of the Site and Content thereon. It is possible that the Site could include typographical errors, inaccuracies or other errors, and that unauthorized additions, deletions and alterations could be made to the Site by third parties. In the event that an inaccuracy arises, please inform Company so that it can be corrected. Information contained on the Site may be changed or updated without notice. Additionally, Company shall have no responsibility or liability for information or Content posted to the Site from any non-Company affiliated third party.
MEDICAL ADVICE DISCLAIMER
THE CONTENT OF THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, TEXT, COPY, AUDIO, VIDEO, PHOTOGRAPHS, ILLUSTRATIONS, GRAPHICS AND OTHER VISUALS, IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE PROFESSIONAL CLINICAL/ MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, TREATMENT OR RECOMMENDATIONS OF ANY KIND. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR QUALIFIED HEATH CARE PROFESSIONALS WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS YOU MAY HAVE REGARDING YOUR INDIVIDUAL NEEDS AND ANY MEDICAL CONDITIONS. RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION APPEARING ON THE SITE, WHETHER PROVIDED BY COMPANY, ITS CONTENT PROVIDERS, ITS CLIENTS, VISITORS TO THE SITE OR OTHERS, IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
GENERAL WARRANTY DISCLAIMER
COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SITE WILL BE CORRECTED. THIS SITE, INCLUDING ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN IT OR ANY SITE-RELATED SERVICE, IS PROVIDED "AS IS," WITH ALL FAULTS, WITH NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUALITY OF INFORMATION, QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND TITLE/NON-INFRINGEMENT. COMPANY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN, OR THE MISUSE OR MISINTERPRETATION OF, ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE. COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR TIMELINESS OF THE INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE.
YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES, AND LINKED WEBSITES. COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT FILES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE PROGRAMMING. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR IMPLEMENTING PROCEDURES SUFFICIENT TO SATISFY YOUR NEEDS FOR DATA BACK UP AND SECURITY. YOU AGREE THAT COMPANY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY COST OR DAMAGE ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ANY SUCH CODE. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND OF THE INTERNET.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY REGARDING USE OF SITE
COMPANY AND ANY THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON THIS SITE ARE NEITHER RESPONSIBLE NOR LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES, CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE SITE, AND/OR ANY LINKED WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES, AND/OR LINKED WEBSITES IS TO STOP USING THE SITE AND/OR THOSE SERVICES.
Company makes no representations whatsoever about any other website that you may access through this Site. When you access a non-Company site, please understand that it is independent from Company, and that Company has no control over the Content on that website. In addition, a link to a non-Company website does not mean that Company endorses or accepts any responsibility for the Content, or the use, of the linked site. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use or download is free of such items as viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other items of a destructive nature. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this Site, you do this entirely at your own risk
* * * * *
Scope. This section describes how we use and share personal information collected through this Site. Our Site also contains links to third party sites that are not owned or controlled by Company. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal information. For information about how we collect, use and share your health and medical information, please refer to our Notice of Privacy Practices.
Information You Provide To Us. You can provide information to us on our Site through various means, such as contacting us through our Site, filling out feedback forms. Depending on which feature you are using, you may be asked provide personal information such as, name, address, telephone number, email address, etc.
No Information From Children Under Age 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not attempt to register with us at this Site or provide any personal information about yourself to us via this Site.
If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a child under the age of 13 collected via this Site, please Contact Us.
Information We Collect Automatically. We collect certain information automatically as you use our Site, such as IP address, browser type, computer or device type, the website from where you navigated to our Site, and the pages on our Site that you view.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technology
We use common Internet technologies, such as cookies and other tracking technology, to optimize the performance of our website and other digital properties such as social media sites, email campaigns, and online advertising.
Cookies, beacons, tags, log files and other technologies may be used to collect information about visitors to our website, use of our online services, and interactions with our email campaigns, advertisements and other marketing content. Collected information may include, but not be limited to, computer / mobile browser type, computer / mobile operating system and IP address. This data may be merged with your online interactions – pages viewed, links clicked, or content viewed. This information, and the analyses performed after collection, helps us to provide for a more customized and personalized experience for you and future visitors.
You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
How We Use and Share Your Information
To Provide Products, Services, and Information. We collect personal information from you so that we can provide products and services that you purchase using the Site, and information that you request from us. We use your personal information to contact you about your orders, process credit card / debit card transactions, and ship products to you. We may provide information to third party service providers that help us bring you the services we offer. For example, we use third parties to help host and maintain our Site, and to process payments.
Communications from Us. We respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. We may collect personally identifiable information, including your email address, when you visit our site. We also automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page(s) you visited. We will use the information to contact you about products, services and information and to provide relevant advertising to you. We will not sell your personally identifiable information, but we may provide your email address to third parties who will contact you about our products and services or whose products or services would be of interest to you.
Legal Requests or Requirements and to Prevent Harm. We will share personal information with third party companies, organizations or individuals outside of Company if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
Meet any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Company, our users, customers or the public as required or permitted by law.
Transfer in the Event of Sale or Change of Control. If the ownership of all or substantially all of our business changes or we otherwise transfer assets relating to our business or the Site to a third party, such as by merger, acquisition, bankruptcy proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer or sell your personal information to the new owner. In such a case, unless permitted otherwise by applicable law, your information would remain subject to the promises made in the applicable privacy statement unless you agree differently.
Security Of Your Information
In order to help secure your personal information, access to your data on our Site is password-protected, and sensitive data is protected by encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and our Site. To protect any data you store on our servers, we also regularly audit our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we use a tier-one secured-access data center. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that e-mails you send to us through our Site are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. is required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (found in Title XIII of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009) (collectively referred to as “HIPAA”), as amended from time to time, to maintain the privacy of individually identifiable patient health information (this information is “protected health information” and is referred to herein as “PHI”). We are also required to provide patients with a Notice of Privacy Practices regarding PHI. We will only use or disclose your PHI as permitted or required by applicable state law. This Notice applies to your PHI in our possession including the medical records generated by us.
Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. understands that your health information is highly personal, and we are committed to safeguarding your privacy. Please read this Notice of Privacy Practices thoroughly. It describes how we will use and disclose your PHI.
This Notice applies to the delivery of health care by Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. and its staff in the outpatient departments, residential treatment facility, and the alternative education program. This Notice also applies to the utilization review and quality assessment activities of Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. facilities located in the United States.
Understanding How We Use And Disclose PHI
- Permitted Use or Disclosure
- Treatment: Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. will use and disclose your PHI to provide, coordinate, or manage your health care and related services to carry out treatment functions. The following are examples of how Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. will use and/or disclose your PHI:
- To your attending physician, consulting physician(s), and other health care providers who have a legitimate need for such information in your care and continued treatment.
- To coordinate your treatment (e.g., appointment scheduling) with us and other health care providers such as name, address, employment, insurance carrier, etc.
- To contact you as a reminder that you have an appointment for treatment or medical care at our facilities.
- To provide you with information about treatment alternatives or other healthrelated benefits or services.
- If you are an inmate of a correctional institution or under the custody of a law enforcement officer, Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. will disclose your PHI to the correctional institution or law enforcement official.
- Payment: Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. will use and disclose PHI about you for payment purposes. The following are examples of how Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. will use and/or disclose your PHI:
- To an insurance company, third party payer, third party administrator, health plan or other health care provider (or their duly authorized representatives) for payment purposes such as determining coverage, eligibility, preapproval / authorization for treatment, billing, claims management, reimbursement audits, etc.
- To collection agencies and other subcontractors engaged in obtaining payment for care.
- Health Care Operations: Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. will use and disclose your PHI for health care operations purposes. The following are examples of how Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. will use and/or disclose your PHI:
- For case management, quality assurance, utilization, accounting, auditing, population based activities relating to improving health or reducing health care costs, education, accreditation, licensing and credentialing activities of Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc.
- To consultants, accountants, auditors, attorneys, transcription companies, information technology providers, etc.
- More Stringent State and Federal Laws: The State law of Iowa is more stringent than HIPAA in several areas. Certain federal laws also are more stringent than HIPAA. Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. will continue to abide by these more stringent state and federal laws.
- More Stringent Federal Laws: The federal laws include applicable internet privacy laws, such as the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and the federal laws and regulations governing the confidentiality of health information regarding substance abuse treatment.
- More Stringent State Laws: The State of Iowa is more stringent when the individual is entitled to greater access to records than under HIPAA. State law also is more restrictive when the records are more protected from disclosure by state law than under HIPAA. In cases where Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. provides treatment to a patient who resides in a neighboring state, Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. will abide by the more stringent applicable state law.
III. Use or Disclosure Requiring Your Authorization
- Research: Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. will obtain your written authorization to use or disclose your PHI for research purposes when required by HIPAA.
- Psychotherapy Notes: Most uses and disclosures of psychotherapy notes require your written authorization.
- Sale of PHI: Subject to certain limited exceptions, disclosures that constitute a sale of PHI requires your written authorization.
- Other Uses and Disclosures: Any other uses or disclosures of PHI that are not described in this Notice of Privacy Practices require your written authorization. Written authorizations will let you know why we are using your PHI. You have the right to revoke an authorization at any time.
- Use or Disclosure Permitted or Required by Public Policy or Law without your Authorization
- Law Enforcement Purposes: Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. will disclose your PHI for law enforcement purposes as required by law, such as identifying a criminal suspect or a missing person, or providing information about a crime victim or criminal conduct.
- Required by Law: Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. will disclose PHI about you when required by federal, state or local law. Examples include disclosures in response to a court order / subpoena, mandatory state reporting (e.g., gunshot wounds, victims of child abuse or neglect), or information necessary to comply with other laws such as workers’ compensation or similar laws. Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. report drug diversion and information related to fraudulent prescription activity to law enforcement and regulatory agencies.
- Public Health Oversight or Safety: Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. will use and disclose PHI to avert a serious threat to the health and safety of a person or the public. Examples include disclosures of PHI to state investigators regarding quality of care or to public health agencies regarding immunizations, communicable diseases, etc. Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. will use and disclose PHI for activities related to the quality, safety or effectiveness of FDA regulated products or activities, including collecting and reporting adverse events, tracking and facilitating in product recalls, etc.
- Coroners, Medical Examiners, Funeral Directors Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. will disclose your PHI to a coroner or medical examiner. For example, this will be necessary to identify a deceased person or to determine a cause of death. Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. may also disclose your medical information to funeral directors as necessary to carry out their duties.
- Immunizations: Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. will disclose proof of immunization to a school where the state or other similar law requires it prior to admitting a student.
Your Rights Regarding Your Health Information
You have the following individual rights concerning your PHI:
- Right to Inspect and Copy: Subject to certain limited exceptions, you have the right to access your PHI and to inspect and copy your PHI as long as we maintain the data. If Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. deny your request for access to your PHI, Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. will notify you in writing with the reason for the denial.
You will be charged a reasonable copying fee in accordance with applicable federal or state law.
- Right to Amend: You have the right to amend your PHI for as long as Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. maintain the data. You must make your request for amendment of your PHI in writing to Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc., including your reason to support the requested amendment. However, Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. will deny your request for amendment if:
- Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. did not create the information;
- The information is not part of the designated record set;
- The information would not be available for your inspection (due to its condition or nature); or
- The information is accurate and complete.
If Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. deny your request for changes in your PHI, Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. will notify you in writing with the reason for the denial Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. will also inform you of your right to submit a written statement disagreeing with the denial. You may ask that Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. include your request for amendment and the denial any time that Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. subsequently disclose the information that you wanted changed. Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. may prepare a rebuttal to your statement of disagreement and will provide you with a copy of that rebuttal.
- Right to an Accounting: You have a right to receive an accounting of the disclosures of your PHI that Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. have made, except for the following disclosures:
- To carry out treatment, payment or health care operations;
- To you;
- To persons involved in your care;
- For national security or intelligence purposes; or
- To correctional institutions or law enforcement officials.
You must make your request for an accounting of disclosures of your PHI in writing to Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. You must include the time period of the accounting, which may not be longer than 6 years. In any given 12month period Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. will provide you with an accounting of the disclosures of your PHI at no charge. Any additional requests for an accounting within that time period will be subject to a reasonable fee for preparing the accounting.
- Right to Request Restrictions: You have the right to request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of your PHI to carry out treatment, payment or health care operations functions or to prohibit such disclosure. However, Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. will consider your request but is not required to agree to the requested restrictions.
- Right to Request Restrictions to a Health Plan: You have the right to request a restriction on disclosure of your PHI to a health plan (for purposes of payment or health care operations) in cases where you paid out of pocket, in full, for the items received or services rendered.
- Right to Confidential Communications: You have the right to receive confidential communications of your PHI by alternative means or at alternative locations. For example, you may request that Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. only contact you at work or by mail.
- Right to Receive a Copy of this Notice: You have the right to receive a paper copy of this Notice of Privacy Practices, upon request.
- Breach of Unsecured PHI If a breach of unsecured PHI affecting you occurs, Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. are required to notify you of the breach.
VII. Sharing and Joint Use of Your Health Information. In the course of providing care to you and in furtherance of Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. mission to improve the health of the community, Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. will share your PHI with other organizations as described below who have agreed to abide by the terms described below:
- Staff. The staff and Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. participate together in an Organized Health Care Arrangement (OHCA) to deliver health care to you. Both Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. and the staff have agreed to abide by the terms of this Notice with respect to PHI created or received as part of delivery of health care to you in the in Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. Physicians and care professionals who are members of Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. 's staff will have access to and use your PHI for treatment, payment and health care operations purposes related to your care within Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. will disclose your PHI to the staff and professionals for treatment, payment and health care operations.
- Business Associates. Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. will share your PHI with business associates and their Subcontractors contracted to perform business functions on Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc.'s behalf.
VIII. Changes to this Notice. Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. will abide by the terms of the Notice currently in effect. Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. reserve the right to make material changes to the terms of its Notice and to make the new Notice provisions effective for all PHI that it maintains Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. will distribute / provide you with a revised Notice at your first visit following the revision of the Notice in cases where it makes a material change in the Notice. You can also ask Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. for a current copy of the Notice at any time.
- Complaints. If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc.’s Privacy Official or with the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services. All complaints must be submitted in writing directly to the Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc.’s Privacy Official. Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. assure you that there will be no retaliation for filing a complaint. You will not be retaliated against for filing any complaint.
- Privacy Official Questions / Concerns / Additional Information. If you have any questions, concerns, or want further information regarding the issues covered by this Notice of Privacy Practice or seek additional information regarding Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc.’s privacy policies and procedures, please contact Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc.
Discrimination is Against the Law
Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Boys and Girls Home and Family Service, Inc. does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
If you believe that Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with:
Boys and Girls Home and Family Services
2101 Court Street Sioux City Iowa 51102
Phone: (712) 293 – 4700 • Fax: (712) 293 – 4800
You can file a grievance in person or by mail or fax. If you need help filing a grievance, the Compliance Officer is available at (712) 293 - 4700 to help you.